All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Friday, 28 September 2018

Scavenger photo hunt - September

 
I'm pleased to be joining in with Kate at I Live, I Love, I Craft and the Scavenger Photo Hunt for September.
 
The link up post for Sept where you can go and visit other Scavenger Hunters and see their choices.
 You can source a new picture or use one you already have in your albums and this months words were :-
 
BRIGHTLY COLOURD
UPSIDE DOWN
INK
BAG
PATTERN
MY OWN CHOICE
 
 
 
BRIGHTLY COLOURED
 
 
The toy shop at the seaside tempting little ones with its delights and emptying parents purses.  Lots of exciting things to keep you occupied on the beach in the sunshine or a place to purchase something to keep you amused if the British weather is not what you hoped for on your vacation.
 
 
UPSIDE DOWN
 
 
Oh dear, this doesn't comply with the meaning of the word 'upside down'
 
 
 
This does, when the OCD person in me has to store it in the fridge like this. Surely a top should be at the top not the bottom.  It's a good job the fridge door is closed and I can't see the upside down label on a shelf ....aarrrgghhhh
 
How do you store yours?
 
 
 
INK
 
 
May 1986 and we were given a little kitten with the most gorgeous wedgewood blue eyes.  We named him Wedgewood (silly name that was soon shortened to Wedgie).  In 1992 a friend was taking a night school class in art and needed a subject for an ink drawing - this was the result.
 
 
 
It was a great likeness of our fluffy chap, he lived to be the grand old age of 21.
 
 
 
BAG
 
 
I received a gift from a lovely friend in this little bag this month. 
The bag came from a well known supermarket where 'every little helps' - she thought it would be useful instead of a paper gift bag 
 
 
 
PATTERN
 
 
The bright spotty pattern on this garden windmill caught my eye in the garden centre and came home with me 
 
 
 
MY OWN CHOICE
 
 
A replica old railway type tin sign, the words speak for themselves .....
Who doesn't like a nice biscuit when the opportunity arises
 
 
Great choice of words again this month Kate
 
Looking forward to seeing everyones choices
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie

 



 

 


19 comments:

  1. It’s fun seeing what pictures you choose. We store our sauces with the lid down so the sauce is ‘ready’ to come out without being madly shaken. Wedgewood was a handsome chap, and what a good age xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun game Julie. I like all of your choices alot. We store big ketchup bottles upside down.
    Wedgewood was such a beautiful cat with gorgeous eyes. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Trouble with me is I always store bottles upside down when the contents are near to finishing to get every last drop from bottles. Love the toyshop and the pen and ink drawing, its beautiful. Love your picture choice

    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos & my favourite would have to be the pen & ink drawing of your cat. I'm also quite taken with the replica tin sign, as I love old things. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I DO love the biscuity-junction tea sign.I wholeheartedly agree! Thank you for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wedgie the cat ~ how lovely that he is immortalised in ink. My sister's black and white cat Chloe is still going strong at 21. :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What super pictures. Upside down was a hard one, and I do store it lid side down. Your bag is lovely, but I like the bird behind it. Lovely ink drawing, and the sign is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! We store the brown sauce bottle with the lid down so it squeezes out straight away instead of having to tap the bottom - or is it top? Such a beautiful cat and the pen and ink drawing is wonderful. Our cat Max is 22 his sister got to 20. Love the tea junction sign too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos, my favourite has got to be Wedgie, what a handsome boy. The ink drawing is fabulous, what a lovely thing to have to remember him by. I store my sauces with the lid at the bottom, especially as the bottle empties so that the sauce is in the right place to come out easier. I love that little bag, I shall have to look out for them as they are nice to give gifts in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your picture choices this month but favourite has to be Wedgie's ink drawing. But what has made my day is seeing your Cornish Kitchen Ware. When we married (56 years ago today) we had almost a complete set but it got out of fashion and we got rid of it...just gave it away. Now originals are quite expensive to buy. I was also looking at your lovely banner picture and spied that pin cushion/thimble silver set. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super selection and great pictures.
    Thank you.

    That windmill is so colourful, my grand-daughter would love it :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bag is so cute. Then the tin sign gave me a huge smile (my favourite photo). We store our bottles with the lids at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous cat Wedgewood was. And 21!! Wedgie makes me smile!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have no idea what HP Fruity is! Sounds like ketchup. I store my bottles depending on how full they are! I don't like having to wait for the sauce to "settle" before I can squeeze some out haha

    Cookies. I must remind myself biscuits are cookies. And of course there is always time for cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures Julie, I love that drawing of your cat.
    I always stand the bottles top down if they'll balance that way, I hate waiting for the air lock to move through so I can get the contents out

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie: Love the cat photo, how lucky you are to have that work of art of Wedgie.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a lovely drawing of your cat. I think the point of the lid at the wrong end on those bottles is that the sauce runs down so you don't have to upend them when nearly empty! I only buy sauce in glass bottles, so I store them the right way up most of the time and then upside down when almost empty!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.