All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Friday, 29 June 2018

June Scavenger Hunt Photo Challenge


This month i am taking part in the Scavenger Hunt Photo-Challenge, I've been saying I will join the others for a while and this month hooray... I have

Linking up with Kate, a very talented artist over at I Live, I Love, I Craft, I am Me
 
The words for June are :-

Yellow
Meet 'Arthur Bell' the given name of my lovely rose
 
The new buds are gorgeous, tinged with red .....
 
 
The red disappears as the bud opens.
 
The scent is devine and the colour is so bright and beautiful

 
Slowly the bright yellow fades to the palest of lemon as the flower continues to open.

 

Starts with a ... T
 Tor - Glastonbury...... DH and I climbed to the top on a visit to Somerset
 






 
 Lilac

The first posy of this years sweet peas, lots of lilac ones which smell amazing.

 
 
Starts with a ... G
 
Greenhouse - definitely green!  
 
Situated at the community orchard plot where anyone who lives locally can come along, give a couple of hours a week of their time to help grow fruit/veggies etc and take away foods as we harvest them over the seasons.  It's all free to local people after funding applied for from the local council was granted to help make it a success.  It prevents isolation in the community and helps mental health issues.  DH is Chair of this project and everyone is welcome. 


 
 
The 'greenhouse' is a new addition in January this year (funded by a council grant) and is filling up nicely. 

 
 Silver
 Long John "Silver" .... a pirate ship in the harbour at Scarborough.... ahoy shipmates!
 
 
My own choice
 

and the joke behind my daughters Fathers Day card from earlier this month.... I have a job getting to drive my new car as DH is always first to grab the keys when we are going out.  He says I should stop complaining as it came with my own personal chauffeur!
 
 
I'm looking forward to seeing what the others have come up with this month for the words. 

If you would like to see more bloggers from the scavenger photo-hunt follow the link here.

Love and blessings

Julie  x


 

29 comments:

  1. Your rose is lovely, I really like the way it changes colour as it opens out. Love the idea of a communal garden and the Father's Day card is so like the ones mu husband always gets his dad mind I'd have removed the keys from my husband if he kept driving my new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, that rose!! I love the visit in your garden today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post, your rose is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun love all your photos .

    Love the yellow rose my yellow ones fade too.

    I think the sweet peas are smelling more this year.

    Your are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rose looks so pretty. I live in Somerset and seen the Tor many many times but never climbed it. Love the card and the sweet-peas

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rose, the Father's Day card, the greenhouse, sweetpeas.... what is there not to like! So hard to choose a favourite but it has to be the greenhouse; such an excellent idea for the community to use and be a community.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and some lovely photos. It's hard to believe that is the same flower in each shot the colour changes so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers. Such a wonderful project your husband is involved in. Loved the father's day card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie love that incredible rose...just gorgeous. It is so wonderful the way it changes colors. I enjoyed your whole hunt...so many fun and interesting things. Your DH has a fun personality. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great collection! I like Tor for T but Silver has to be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved seeing your photos, especially the rose, how amazing the way it changes colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sweet peas must be my favourite though I love all your pictures and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the posy of sweet peas and the rose as it changes colour but my favourite just has to be the rose bud, the colour is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Inventive and imaginative choices Julie, well done:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hah, my husband usually drives too but I'm okay with it! I can't say I love driving. I do love the flower pictures, and especially the green house! What a nice community project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos. I have that rose in my garden but ours stays pink at the petal edge so it looks two coloured. Love the picture of the Tor. I think you are lucky to have a personal driver.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos! Went up the Tor many years ago. Your sweet peas and yellow rose are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a fabulously cheeky card...my husband received one along similar lines from our son!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Julie how lovely to see you here, great choice of pics on the words. However my favourite has to be your sweet peas their scent reaches me every year. Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that you have chosen a boat called Long John Silver for silver. The sweet peas look heavenly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely a magnificent rose. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like everyone else I"m in awe of that beautiful rose - the weather has really suited the flowers this year - and your sweet pea too - they bring back so many childhood memories with their wonderful scent. But my favourite has to be the pirate ship - class :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely photos, that yellow rose is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fun post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for such interesting photos, the changing shades of the yellow rose are so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really enjoyed your interpretation of the list of words - some lovely lovely stories and images. Our boys gave their Dad similarly irreverent cards - must be a blokey thing to do ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely photos & glad you joined in. Your mauve sweet peas are so pretty & frilly & I,ll bet they smelled gorgeous. The greenhouse and garden is a wonderful idea and there should be more like it, to help people socialise readily. Thanks for sharing & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A good selection of photos, Julie. I 'get' the Father's Day card as DH has to drive when we are out. He doesn't like being a passenger.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A great post, Julie, full of many interesting things. Glastonbury Tor would be a destination I would visit as well when in the region. I'm always interested in historical sites.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.