All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 31 December 2017

Waving farewell to 2017 and Welcome in 2018

We've arrived at New Years Eve, that must mean it's time for a round up of my craftwork during the past year.
 
I've seen quite a few collages recently and thought I would show my finishes this year that way too.



 
Quite a productive year when you see it displayed this way instead of a list with more knitting than stitching......... 26 knitting - 18 stitching - 1 feltwork
 
Many thanks for visiting me during 2017.  Your support and encouragement has meant a lot to me through the good times and the not so good news we had. 
 
2017 brought things I had not expected into my life with health issues that will continue on and at times its going to test us as a family but we are determined to walk the pathway that comes with our heads held high and hopefully keep a positive outlook and take advantage of the good things that we have in our life.  We are very fortunate compared to so many. 
 
 I'm looking forward to being part of the blogging community in the new year to come and my continued friendship across the 'webwaves' with you all. 
 
My stitching bug will resurface again and needle and thread will find its way into my quiet moments as well as the calm and relaxing knitting that has seemed so much easier recently.  I haven't made any plans for the year.  Earleir plans this year were to start my stitching year with the wonderful Cricket Collection seasons Spring chart that I won from Katie earlier this year.  They are so lovely and I still keep looking at them and thinking I might like to give them a go, so who knows, when the stitching bug grabs you, sometimes you just can't resist! 
 
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year, I hope 2018 is filled with all your hopes and dreams.
 
Love and blessings
 
Julie x

 
 

32 comments:

  1. You've made some wonderful things this year, it does show how productive you've been when set out in this way. The knitting bug has really taken hold of me too and there's plenty more knitting projects waiting in the wings so I think it's something that will continue into 2018. Wishing you and your family all the very best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful finishes this year, Julie! They are fabulous! Wishing all the best for you in 2018. A positive attitude is everything, and you certainly have that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a LOT Julie! God bless you my friend. May this new year bring good news for your health!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collages and projects. Best wishes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A year of productivity Julie and what wonderful display. Here is wishing you and yours a happy and healthier 2018.XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a Happy and Healthy new Year . Chin up and smile .
    Take car .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cricket designs are so appealing Julie. I hope 2018 brings you health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had a very productive year Julie, with some beautiful projects.
    Happy New Year to you and yours. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many finishes you had to have several collages! The Cricket Collection designs are so nice, no wonder the stitchy bug is nibbling on you again. I feel like the knitting bug has been bothering me a lot recently so I may have to ride that wave for a while.

    May your 2018 be excellent! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lot of lovely projects you've finished Julie, I can see Hyacinth in those photos! She is waving hello to you.
    I keep looking at those Cricket Collection seasons too! They are so pretty aren't they?
    Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great wrap up of the year. So many beautiful finishes ,the knitting bug has bitten me too. Wishing you good health n lots of crafty time in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many lovely finishes, hopefully the x stitch bug will find you again if not keep knitting. Hope your health improves in 2018 and happy new year to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made many beautiful things in 2017. Well done !!
    Those seasonal designs are wonderful, maybe give it a try indeed.
    I hope that 2018 is kind to you and your husband and not give to many health problems. Lets hope that this new year brings us all a year of good health, much happiness and a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great collages of your finishes Julie
    A Very Happy New Year to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy new year, Julie! You had a very productive year indeed. Many lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness, lovely, varied stitching and knitting work Julie. Wishing you all the best for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely to see all your knitting and stitching together Julie.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year and sincere wishes that your health is stable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful collection of finished Julie, I too have found knitting easier to pick up this year.
    Wishing you all the best for 2018 xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You had a very productive year. Wishing you all the best for 2018 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the best for 2018 - may she be kind, peaceful and loving.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would say that you had a productive knitting year for 2017. Lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely finishes. Hope you have a happy and healthy 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love to see all the collages on the blogs. It's amazing to see how much crafting was done during a year, isn't it? And you are no exception, Julie.
    I hope that your stitchy bog will resurface very soon so that you can start the beautiful seasonal designs you won.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this wrap up posts. How fun to see everything you have accomplished all together. Beautiful things. What a productive year. I'm sorry 2017 brought your family health issues. It sure did here in our family too. Health changes are really difficult but as a family you can do it. Just hang in there. I look forward to everything you do in 2018. I really enjoying working on the Cricket seasons so hopefully you will too when you do start them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You were very productive in 2017, Julie! May 2018 bring you good health and lots of lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many beautiful finishes for the year, Julie! Stitching bugs come and go -- I always look forward to seeing the different things you make. : ) I hope you have shaken that nasty cold! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Julie I love your possitive outlook to your health , you are one strong and wonderful person,
    Love all the lovely finishes last year , you have to much talent.
    I love my Christmas ornament and my rabbit from the other year thank you .
    Hoping you are both feeling better after your colds .
    Keep warm and enjoy your New Year , can't wait to see all your work for 2018 .
    Hugs and XXXs

    ReplyDelete
  28. I do love a collage! You really have done very well in 2017 especially considering your health issues.

    I do wish I could fit the Cricket Collection in but maybe the year after? I do like a long term plan...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a beautiful and creative year, Julie, and I know this has been a wonderful outlet and provided some relief from your health worries.

    I can only imagine the distress that your health news caused you and your family... But, you have met it with such bravery and a wonderful positive attitude that will help immensely. Even though I don't know exactly what you are facing, I know it is serious and I truly hope and pray that 2018 will bring better days. Sending a warm hug from way across the ocean to you--did you feel it? (And my little Bluebelle Bunny sends one, too, and wants you to know how happy she is in this bunny-lover's house!).

    ReplyDelete
  30. The collages certainly do give you a chance to showcase your lovely work, Julie. Best of luck with your health issues over 2018. hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy New Year, Julie! You made quite a few wonderful projects in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Terrific collage of your year's craft work.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit here, thank you.

It's lovely to hear what you think and it's always nice to read any comments that are left by readers.

I do appreciate each and every comment, thank you for taking the time to stop by for a visit.