All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 17 March 2014

Happy St Patrick's Day

Today is St Patrick's Day, what better way than to start my post with an update of Irish Garden.


Another quarter iris border added, this time the top right one.


Nature Alphabet now sports L for lavender


That's 3 rows completed, it's gets prettier each week.


 See you tomorrow Gillie - my SAL stitching buddy.

The bottom border was added to Candy Cane Cottage and this week will see the top border and a few snowflakes complete this one.


Hubby's asked for a new pair of socks. We bought this lovely wool at a local department store over 12 months ago. I think he's waited long enough for them to be started, don't you?


I'm trying out some new bamboo needles as well. If you knit, do you prefer metal pins or wooden ones, we were discussing this at a new craft group I joined last week.

My brothers mother-in-law will be celebrating her 80th birthday next month. She's a lovely lady, very friendly and lots of fun, so I've made her a little bunny to help celebrate her milestone birthday. No champagne bubbles this time, but a nice bouquet of lilac flowers instead.


Looking out of my kitchen window a lovely sight greeted me on Sunday. After waiting patiently my camelia is finally in flower. She's called Brigadoon and was a wedding anniversary present some years ago. Such a vivid pink and the flowers are so large. There's plenty more buds so hopefully the spring frosts will keep away and let me enjoy it for a few weeks as the buds fatten and open up.


Welcome to the new visitors, it's nice to see you stopping by.

Have a lovely week, hope the luck of the Irish stays with you all year....



p.s. This weekend is the Spring stitchers meet up, I'm really looking forward to seeing the girls again!

23 comments:

jacquie morris said...

Loving all your stitching, its beautiful. WOW!! knitting socks! The color is marvelous he will love them! Your knitted bunny is adorable. Happy St Patrick's Day to you!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous stitching and knitting.Your bunny is a lovely gift.
The Camelia is the most beautiful colour.

Gillie said...

Yes, you will, desperately trying to catch you up! Love the sock yarn! What a nice sign of spring, we had a gorgeous bush in Frodsham which we enjoyed for two years!

Linda said...

Your stitching is coming on a treat - I so love your alphabet stitch.

The birthday bunny is so cute - I hope she has a wonderful day.

Enjoy those lovely flowers - at last Spring is on it's way.

Lulu said...

What beautiful progress on Irish garden and your alphabet piece. That and your lovely blooms help remind me that spring is on its way :)

Angela P said...

Irish Garden looks great. I prefer the bamboo needles but can knit with metal if they are not too slippy. Adore the little bunny :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Irish Garden is the perfect design for today! It's looking good too, as is Nature's Alphabet.

Birthday Bunny is very sweet too.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I always knit with a 40cm circular needle as it's so much easier on the wrists. I favour Addi turbo metal needles as the wool glides off the needle so easily - for people like me it's so much kinder to the hands and wrists. Lucky you with the camellia in bloom, up here nothing is out as yet. I thought everything would be early with the mild winter but it doesn't seem to have worked out like that.

Kate said...

Irish Garden is looking lovely and so appropriate for this post. Love the sock yarn and what a fab celebratory bunny.

Christine said...

Irish Garden is looking lovely Julie, I don't remember noticing the little black cats before. Sweet.
I definitely prefer knitting with wooden needles. My very favourite pair are rosewood, but they were silly expensive. I've always quite fancied trying out glass needles but never got round to it

Clare - Aimetu said...

Beautiful stitching Julie - and another gorgeous member of the bunny family :)

Mii Stitch said...

The socks will be fantastic & the little rabbit will make a really cute gift :)

cucki said...

Aww cute bunny and very sweet stitching..
Big hugs x

Vickie said...

Your stitching is coming along great! Such an adorable birthday bunny for her. You know I love that camelia. ;)

butterfly said...

Another beautiful post love all your beautiful stitching lovely bunny I ordered my pattern book and now have it here thank you Julie, beautiful flower , hugs.

Von said...

I have Irish Garden in my stash, so seeing your progress on it makes me want to start it! I just have too many other wood that I don't dare. :D

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful stitching progress, and a really adorable birthday bunny!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I say this every time but Irish Garden is just spectacular! I especially love the irises you've got stitched up!

Carm said...

Awesome stitching. I prefer bamboo but have mainly metal ones.

Brigitte said...

You made some nice progress on your stitching projects. How convenient that you were stitching on your Irish Garden during St. Patrick's Day. And that alphabet has such beautiful squares.
Your husband will be very pleased with this new pair of socks once you'll have finished them. Great colours! And the lady who receives the little bunny is another lucky recipient of your bunny gifts.

Barb said...

Hi there sweetie, beautiful stitching as always. Love the sock wool and the bunny is perfect. My mil colours I may have to put an order in lol.Have a good week and year ahead too my friend. Enjoy the meet up.

Melanie said...

Great progress on these! I love the little peeks of Irish Garden as you go along. :)

My taste in sock needles has changed over time because I started out as a die hard DPN gal but now I love doing them on two circulars. Usually metal needles for me with socks but wood ones are handy when you are traveling and have to go through security. (Or serve jury duty because they don't allow metal needles there either. At least not in my area!) Wood is great too if you have a slippery yarn to work with.

It's very cute bunny. Love the purple. :)

geeky Heather said...

Irish Garden is looking great...all the WIPs are. =) And I love the bunny! I prefer wood or bamboo needles...I guess I knit loosely enough that metal usually make me feel like the stitches are going to pop of the needles at any moment!