All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 8 July 2013

All quiet on the home front

It's been a glorious weekend, lots of time spent lazing and not doing a lot really, a lovely quiet and peaceful weekend.

Hubbys been pottering in the garden...


and I've been reading a book sitting under the umbrella on the patio ....

 
listening to the sound of running water from my lionhead fountain on the side of the garage in the ivy leaves ...
 

Wednesday is Parlour evening with the ladies at NH and Mrs Claus has been really busy putting in her new windows and hanging a new front door.

 
Friday is stocking-a-long with the SAL ladies and Nativity Stocking has grown a little more.
 
 
Shores has also had some attention in the evenings last week and Block 12 is halfway there. 

 
I was reading this non fiction book that was lent to me by a very well travelled lady at my tai chi class. The author Sheila Paine is an intrepid needlewoman who went on a guest in 1990 starting in the high valleys of the Hindu Kush in Pakistan looking to find the origins of the embroidered  patterns relevant to her work as a textile expert.  Her quest ended in Razgrad, Bulgaria and took many turns and she had lots of scarey moments along the way.  Enjoyable and very interesting.
 
 
I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Well done to Andy Murray on his win at Wimbledon!

25 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching update! Your garden is a little place in heaven!! Wish mine was looking as neat & tidy :D Not a weed in sight :)

stitcheranon said...

ooo Lovely. I have had to stay in because the Irish bog midges eat me to death: and Im allergic to them which doesnt help! Love the stitching and that is def a book I will look out for xx

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great stitching Julie - glad you're taking it easy in the garden

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

I love how your stocking is coming along!! And what a gorgeous garden. Could you come and show me what to do with my yard?? It needs to be made beautiful like your garden!! :)

Tricia

Kerryp77 said...

beautiful, beautiful garden Julie and your stitching is sublime. The stocking is so lovely.

Lesleyanne said...

Your garden looks lovely. Your wips are gorgeous. It was a lovely weekend wasn't it.

cucki said...

your garden is looking so lovely...
sweet wip's..i love them all so much..
hugs x

Barb said...

I know a secret can I tell ? you have a tame gardener hmmm!lol. Who are you lending him to first Julie.Your garden looks perfect and so relaxing. Lovely stitching being done and I see what you mean about fish!
Wimbledon was brilliant ,now it has finished (sob) for another year but what a finish!!!
Hugs

Marlene Jones said...

I love your garden, so green, and a special place to sit in the shade. Your stitching is also great.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Don't you just want to eat that cookie on the shop sign?

Lovely progress on both the stocking and Shores!

Kathy Ellen said...

Your garden looks like a beautiful haven for respite and peaceful times. I would love to share a cup of tea and some stitching with you there:)

All of your stitching progress is wonderful! I especially love Isabelle's stocking. That will be a treasure for her!

Blessings & Hugs!

Parsley said...

I am so behind on my Santa's Village patterns but love seeing your progress to inspire me to hurry! Lovely projects and garden pics

Melanie said...

I really do love the stocking. It's such a great mix of colors. Very happy. Great progress on everything!

Catherine said...

Beautiful gardens and stitches! That book sounds very interesting!

Kate said...

Julie, your garden looks stunning - could I borrow your gardener please?
Gorgeous stitching and that book sounds fascinating.

Christine said...

Wonderful stitching Julie and your garden looks lovely.
The book sounds intetresting

Sue said...

Your garden is beautiful Julie, just the right place to stitch or read or just to sit down and relax in. Lovely progress on all of your stitching.

Carol said...

Lovely photos of your garden, Julie, and I love the idea of a fountain nearby. The sound of water is so relaxing, isn't it?

You have so many lovely projects going on--it must be hard to decide what to work on next!

Enjoy your week :)

Penny said...

Beautiful stitches! And what a wonderful setting your garden provides to relax in! I would love to have a fountain - maybe a project for my husband. :)

Sally said...

Love your latest piece in Santa's Village. So pretty. The stocking is looking lovely and those fish on Shores are looking right at home.

YOur garden looks very inviting Julie. It's been lovely hasn't but I have to say I'm thankful for sea breeze!

SoCal Debbie said...

Hi Julie! I'm a new follower of your blog. Your backyard is a dream! All your stitching is so beautiful. I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely garden, our's looks like a field at the moment!

Mrs Claus has made a lovely job of decorating her little house too.

Heidi's Garden said...

Sorry to be such a bad blogging friend Julie and not have visited for such a long time. June is busy with our Christmas in July for the quilt group and then gardening takes over too. I am more in rhythm once again so back to a little blog reading.

What a great place to be able to sit and read. I love to read in the garden.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Brigitte said...

Your reading place in the garden looks so inviting, I think I could spend hours there without wanting to go home, lol.
Enjoy your summer and reading and all the fabulous projects you are stitching on.

DUSTY said...

Julie, what a wonderful p,ace to sit and relax. It looks fabulous. Your stitching is coming along nicely !!