All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Monday, 14 March 2011

Spring has sprung!

A couple of days of lovely spring sunshine and the garden is looking lovely, the snowdrops are still flowering and the daffodils have opened their buds to reveal such a splendid array of colour when i look out of my window.









Washing has been out on the line blowing about which always brings a smile to my face, i do like the simple things in life. A visit with my aunts this morning and my cousin was there too, so many laughs and fun times were had chatting about things that we used to do. Then, an afternoon with Amy, it's lovely to spend time with family, i certainly relish those moments.

Talking of Amy, she brought me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers last week that brought a tear to my eye, just a 'pick-you-up' gift she said. It was the second lot of flowers she had bought last week. She arranged for some pink carnations to be delivered to Barb as a thank you for the special baby box she received. They look lovely Barb, thank you for posting a pic on your blog so i could see them.

Last weeks stitching ...

Two more motifs added to Floral Fifteen, that makes a total of 13 now stitched, so only 2 more to go and the beads then i can start the construction process.

Shores also had some attention and we now have some little fishes and a great big fish added to the bottom of the sea scene. This block seems to have stitched up really quickly

A little crochet

I also spent a lot of time last week with hoook and wool. Granny squares using Stylecraft wool in the gorgeous colours spring green, sherbert and cream and the flowers are made with oddments from the wool bag. I saw this design as a cushion on Lucy's blog Attic 24 some time ago and then was able to see one made up by Hazel at the stitchers meet-up last October, so when Amy asked me for a snazzy little blanket to brighten up the dull dark grey car seat for the baby, i knew just what i was going to whip up for her. She loves it and is thrilled to bits with it, no one will have one of these she said, but i did say that i wouldn't be taking orders from friends so tell them that it is a one-off!

Thank you all for your lovely words of comfort on the last post. I'm feeling a lot calmer and brighter this week. Things to look forward to include a holiday that was booked by DH for later in the year and this coming weekend is the stitchers meet-up at Nuneaton. I've had to decline helping out at the Community Centre on Saturday as its the grand opening after the new refurbishments but i'd already said yes to attending the meet-up and i couldn't really cancel that. I'm sure DH will be able to hold the fort and give enough support for the both of us.

Happy stitching and crafting to you all ....

17 comments:

chris said...

Lovely photos of the spring flowers Julie,, yes the sunshine brightens up our days and what beautiful flowers you received.I love those motifs for that 15 sided biscornu, please bring it with you on saturday I'd love to see how you're going to sew it up.
Glad you're feeling a bit more positive. Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all.
Love and Blessings.

Chris x

Only 4 sleeps to saturday I am really looking forward to it as I missed the last meet up.

Chris said...

PS Forgot to day I love that blanket its gorgeous!

Hugs Chris x

Barb said...

Hello sweetie, Love the flowery pics a real touch of spring. Oh wow! and more wow! the blanket is simply wonderful.Love the colours and Amy must be over the moon with it. Great stitching progress too, wish I could be joining you at the meet up I am sure there will be lots of fun.

Rachael xxx said...

What a lovely blanket, Your grandchild will be the hippest of all!!
Lovely stitching progress.
Lovely flowers as well, I hope my DD is as thoughtful as your dd is when she reaches that age!!

Christine said...

Wow Julie, that blanket is just stunning. Eloise had a little crochet lap blanket for her pushchair (I bought it from a charity shop), and she still has it now. I'll bet this one will be treasured for just as long.
Great progress on Shores, and lovely to see your spring flowers. Our snowdrops have finished here, but the crocuses (crocii?) are magnificent at the moment

Sheilasembroidery said...

Love the crochet blanket, lucky little girl. Glad you are feeling more positive.

Hazel said...

Beautiful blanket. Can't wait to see you again! xx

Sally said...

Wow Julie I love the baby blanket! So pretty.

Beautiful spring flowers and those flowers from Amy are gorgeous.

Lovey progress on Shores and Floral Fifteen.

Enjoy the meet-up! I'm rather envious :)

So glad you are feeling more positive {{{hugs}}}

Lesleyanne said...

The blanket is gorgeous as are the flowers your daughter brought you and the ones in the garden. Great progress on your wips. Enjoy the meet up.

Carol said...

What a bright spring-filled post, Julie! Your blanket is so cheery with all the pastel granny squares and what beautiful flowers you received. Our daffodils are only pushing up out of the ground at this point. I fear that spring won't truly arrive until mid-April at this rate.

Take care now...

Melanie said...

Such pretty flowers! A welcome sight after this long snowy winter. :)

Rachael @ CleverCheshireCats said...

Love the flowery blanket, you should post that on our Flower Bed blog too! Thank you for your comment on my blog I am now very happy to know my charity shop find is a lovely sandwich tray - thank you!

jane said...

It's amazing how a bit of sunshine can make everything seem better isn't it. I hope Spring is really on it's way.
Your flowers are lovely and the crochet blanket so pretty.
Glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself, enjoy the meet-up, I do wish I could be there.

Daffycat said...

I just love spring with the warm breezes and flowers and all the birds cheering up.

Wow ~ you have been busy with lots of different projects! They all look great, Julie!

Shari said...

oh, I cannot wait for our spring flowers to bloom!! I am so ready!!!! I have some flowers indoors that are blooming or ready to bloom, but i am ready to see the outdoor ones!!!!
The blanket you made for the baby is beautiful...congrats....
also your stitching pieces are looking great...
glad to hear you are doing ok, despite the doctor reports...Keep thinking positive!!!

Mylene said...

Lovely spring flowers and wow! what a gorgeous blanket you are making.

Happy spring!

Pumpkin said...

Isn't it nice to see signs of spring...finally! LOL!

Glad to see that you've been stitching and crocheting. At least that has been keeping you busy :o)