All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Thursday, 12 November 2009

***Happy Dancing***

Back in December last year i was invited to join the Needleprint Beatrix Potter Quaker SAL blog. I put the first stitch into mine on 15th Jan. Membership grew fast on the blog as ladies showed updates on their own blogs and we soon had the maximum 100 stitchers. With all good intentions of finishing this by the end of this year and thinking yeah right in your dreams... I HAVE!!

There are such a lot of different wonderful variations and all so lovely, its been great to watch them all grow over the year, and see 7 finishes to far. Mine is stitched on 25ct laguna in potato using Carries Creations - Wedgewood and Bordeaux.

Thanks to you all for your encouragement over the year with this, my first large Quaker project.

25 comments:

valerie said...

Beautiful finish! Congratulations!

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish.

Shari said...

huge congrats Julie!!!!!! It is gorgeous!!!!!!!! You deserve a round of applause!!!! Great job!!

Bonnie said...

It's beautiful Julie! Congratulations, I am happy dancing with you.

staci said...

Congrats! It's absolutely stunning!!!

Clare - Aimetu said...

Julie that's a beautiful piece of work, ahappy dance is very much deserved

Ranae said...

Woohoo! A beautiful happy dance.
Congrats!
The color is fabulous
Now what to stitch?

Laural said...

Congratulations!! It is beautiful!

Karen said...

lovely finish

sarah said...

well done julie - it is stunning

Always smiling said...

Fantastic Julie
I am going to stitch mine today as I too would love to be finished before 2010 arrives. I love your colour, what was it as I have something I 'd like to do in vareagated blue
Happy Stitching and Blessings
Chris x

Christine said...

Not only beautiful, but finished inside the year. Well done!

Rachael said...

Oh well done Julie!! It looks fabulous as well. So how are you finishing it?

stitcheranon said...

It is fantastic!!!! I love the colours! very soothing and calming: perfect. WEll done you. Doing a happy cough for you right now lol

mollycaff said...

A well deserved happy dance, congratulations, you've done a great job!

Mylene said...

Great job, Julie. Simply Beautiful!!!

Stitcher said...

What a beautiful finish

Daffycat said...

Wow, it looks beautiful, Julie!

OMG you did it with over six weeks to spare! WTG!!!

CindyMae said...

CONGRATS!!!! That is just simply gorgeous!! Beautiful work!

Elisa said...

Congratulations Julie...it is so lovely, I adore the colours too. xx

Shellie said...

a stunning finishe well done Julie
My scissor keeper is still doing a marvelous job.
hope u are well
Hugs shellie

Karan said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on the HD Julie.... though I shall miss seeing those updates now it's completed. Any plans for another large Quaker piece, I wonder. :0)

Hazel said...

Beautiful finish Julie. Congrats! I think the SAL has been a success even though some have dropped off by the wayside :S Looking forward to focussing on Mary Wigham next year. x

Sally said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish Julie! It looks stunning!

I think I'm about 3 motifs off a finish!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations it looks fantastic Julie!