All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Sunday, 10 May 2009

Happy Mothers Day and a new start ...

Happy Mothers Day to all ladies overseas who are celebrating today, i hope you have a wonderful day.

My new start is 'Home is Where you Hang Your Needlework' by Homespun Elegance. This lovely chart was passed on to me by Marian after she had stitched a wonderful version of it and finished it so beautifully. Thank you Marian it was shouting so loud in my workbox i couldnt resist it any longer! As if by magic the perfect colour and size piece of 28ct permin linen was in my fabric box but has no name on it so no idea what it is. There are only 2 colours in the design and it asks for Belle Soir Silks, i've never used these and dont have any so decided to go with the DMC blended conversion listed and am really happy with how it's stitching up.

I haven't forgotten about the making up of the Travelling Stitcher, there seems to be a problem with the sewing machine and i need DH to look at it for me when he has time. I'll keep pestering him so hopefully he'll do it sooner rather than later :-)

Love and {hugs}

12 comments:

Daffycat said...

Great new start, Julie! I love stitching projects that shout, they're so exciting!

brokenfairy said...

Love the new start! I hope your DH manages to fix your sewing machine,so you can finish Travelling stitcher!

Karen said...

great start

Shellie said...

Gorgeous new start and sucha true sentiment too. Love the fact its just 2 colours too.
Happy stitching
Shellie xxxxxx

jane said...

a great new start - I like that design a lot

Mylene said...

You have made a very good start on your new project, Julie.

missy said...

Great start. I have this to do in my "must stitch" folder!!
Sending you hugs!!

Sally said...

What a lovely new start Julie. This one is a really pretty design.

Hope your DH has fixed your sewing machine:)

Clare - Aimetu said...

That's a great design - looking forward to your finish :)

Ranae said...

I just love this new start.
Keep pestering, lol.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely new ornament

Karan said...

Love the new start Julie - will enjoy watching it develop. Hope your DH can fix the sewing machine for you. :0)