All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Friday, 3 August 2007

Ruby Wedding Sampler


Why is it that you just can't get a good photo of a piece of stitching in a frame?? I took 10 different ones of this, in every room of the house (to get the best light etc) and i'm sorry to say this was the best. The colours don't look anything as rich as they are. I'll be giving it to my friend/neighbour tomorrow when i see her, i hope she is pleased with it and that her sister and hubby like their special handmade anniversary gift. Stitched on 28ct jobelan 'ash rose' using DMC and Vikki Clayton silk 'garnet' for the wording and hearts

Looks like we're in for a beautiful weekend weather wise, that'll please DH he can get out into the garden. Enjoy your weekend everyone, and your Bank Holiday extra day Paula - no lying in bed all day, didn't i read you have painting to be done LOL

10 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

Beautiful finish ;)

Edda said...

This is a beautiful finish Julie. I love it.

Karen said...

it's lovely Julie well done

Lisa said...

Ruby Sampler looks great Julie, and you're making good progress on the SAL with Karen.

Lynn said...

You've done a great job on the sampler Julie, well done. I'm sure it will be treasured :)

Thank you for all your good wishes, it's a real lift to the spirits to know you care xx

Rachael said...

First of all,A happy belated birthday {hug},I have been away so only got round to blogs today! I love the sampler it is so pretty.

Rachael said...

Hi,You've been Tagged,Read my blog!

Paula said...

Hi Julie, the sampler is gorgeous....stands out lovely on that fabbie.
Yes painting to be done, have it started and will possibly get more done tomorrow we'll see. I'm knackered after my day out up north, I'm only in the door...so I'll be staying in bed in the morning !! lol
Enjoy the sun..it's peeing it down here at the mo!
Huggles and Happy stitching....

Sally said...

The Ruby Wedding sampler is gorgeous Julie.

Hope you are having a great weekend. {{{{hugs}}}}

Stitchingranny said...

I know exactly what you mean about colours and its just so frustrating. However the finish result is lovely Julie.