All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Friday, 24 February 2012

The Stitcherhood - Travelling Pattern

The Travelling Pattern has been on holiday with me and is once again ready to set off on it's mystery tour.

Count Your Blessings by Shakespeare's Peddler

Here's my version

I found the little 3" square frame in my finishing drawer when looking for something else recently and was waiting for just the right project to go into it.

When the travelling pattern arrived, i thought it might just fit and calculated if it was stitched over 1 it would be perfect. Fabric choice was a hard one, but the 28ct yellow gingham won in the end. I didn't have any of the Sampler Threads so used DMC instead. I love how it turned out.

If you would like to be the next Travelling Pattern stitcher there are a few rules that need to be adhered to :

1. Comment on this post saying you would like to be part of The Stitcherhood

2. By leaving the above comment you agree (if you are chosen) to stitch the design and send it along to the next person in a timely manner. If this means dropping eveything in your rotation to concentrate on this project, so be it. If you cant bring yourself to do this don't sign up.

3. You must have an active blog to partcipate. if you have a blog but never post to it you wont be chosen to be the next stitcher.

4. This is a giveaway type traveling pattern. That means you must follow it from blogger to blogger to enter each time it is ready to send along. Commenting on this post doesn't make you a guaranteed part of The Stitcherhood.

This Travelling Pattern has been a quite a globe trotter and so far been stitched by:-

1. Sharon of its daffycat Oklahoma USA
2. Karen of Karens Handiwork, South Carolina USA
3. Patty of Hanging on by a thread, Florida USA
4. Terrri of chocolates for breakfast, stitching for lunch USA
5. Lynda of a cozy little place for stitching, Oregon USA
6. Nataly of Natalys needle creations, Massachusetts, USA
7. Erin of fairy tales and french knots, NY USA
8. Jo of Serendipititous stitching, Suffolk UK
9. Mouse of tales of a a stitching mouse, South Yorkshire UK
10. Sally of stitchyangels treasures, East Yorkshire UK
11. Lesleyanne of Lesleyannes life of stitches, Northamptonshire, UK
12. Michelle of stitchercraftplace, Staffordshire, UK
13. Kath of kaths stitching heaven, Barnsley, South Yorkshire UK
14. Christine of The Alchymyst's Study, Cornwall, UK
15. Kate of Kate's Flossbox, Tyne & Wear, UK
16. Julie of Julie's Stitcherknitter Journal, Leicester, UK

Deadline for commenting is midnight (UK time) Wednesday 29th February 2012 with the winner to be announced shortly after.

I wonder where it will go to next?

28 comments:

cucki said...

hello deary, i love your finish so much on the traveling pattern so much..
i so much wanted to stitch it..please count me in..i am following it like crazy..
big hugs and care
cucki xx

Elisa said...

a gorgeous finish Julie, great fabric choice xx

Marlene said...

Please add me to the travelling pattern, if I get lucky to be next, I will love to stitch it

lily said...

Lovely stitching and the lemon gingham is perfect...........don't add me to the pattern mix, just wanted to say how lovely this piece is.
lily xx

Sally said...

Your finish is beautiful Julie. I can't wait to see where it travels to next :)

stitcheranon said...

Add me to the drawing pretty please xxxxxx Thank you...You have inspired me xx

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

I'd love to be added to the stitcherhood drawing! I like your finish. It turned out so cute on the gingham fabric!

maria4katter said...

A very nice design which I would like to stitch. Please add me to the stitcherhood drawing. It´s fantastic to see how one and the same pattern can be presented in so many different ways.

Sarah Beth said...

I would love to be a part of the stitcherhood.

Christine said...

Great finish Julie, I wonder where it will go next?

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish. can't wait to see where it goes next.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love your fabric and finish.
I was stitcher No 8, the first of the UK posse, so don't put me in the draw but I will watch out for the next lucky person.

Karen said...

I love that on the yellow gingham ... a perfect fit for that design!

Can't wait to see the next finish!

happy stitching....

Marian said...

I'D LOVE TO STITCH IT!

Shari said...

your version is beautiful Julie...great job..please add my name to the list...I would be honored to stitch my version of this chart & then pass it along.

Daffycat said...

Oh, darling, darling finish, Julie. I LOVE this on the gingham and the yellow is just so cheery!

Don't pick me...I started all this.

Rachael G said...

I would love to be a part of this travelling stitcherhood.

Love yours on the gingham and Your white puddy! :0)

Sandra said...

Cute finish Julie, and love the fabric you chose. Please include me in the list, I'd love to stitch it.

Erica said...

Hi Julie!
Love your version. I have had my eye on this one for a while. I even have the exact spot I would hang it!
Please include me on your list. I would love to stitch it!

Ziggyeor said...

cute I like seeing the pattern, but I don't think I keep up with it so well. I think I last remember Jo having it!

Kate said...

Love your finish Julie - the frame is just perfect.

Annette said...

The frame is perfect for this design! Great job :)

I would love to join the sisterhood for this pattern, please add me to your drawing :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Please add my name!

~*Shar*~ said...

Please add my name to the traveling pattern; I love the material you used hun..

Hugs, Shar

Kate said...

Lovely finish.
Please add my name to the draw for the travelling pattern

Pumpkin said...

Don't put my name in, I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful job you did! And you even have it framed already! The yellow gingham is subtle but it works very nicely :o) Congrats!

Wagapapa said...

Hi Julie!

I would like to be part of The Stitcherhood and stitch the traveling pattern and pass it to another blogger. Please, put my name in.

Thanks a lot. Have a nice day! xoxo

Kathy A. said...

Whew, I just made it.! I would love to be included in the drawing for the travelling pattern.