All pictures and entries on this blog are the © copyright of the author unless otherwise stated.
Please do not take anything without prior permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Sigh of relief ...

No stitching pics to show you as i have been busy with the redwork/monochrome exchange for JA. I re-checked the instructions and thankfully what i'd started will be fine. You know how it is, you suddenly get this thought and panic or in my case a DH who makes a smart alec comment when he asks what you are doing and tells you it might be wrong. I've also been knitting bits for my toy, it now has 4 arms - does that give you a better clue what it might be ....

Thought i would share my rambling rose with you, shes called Dorothy Perkins and has been in my garden for over 15 years. This is by far the best show of flowers we have ever had. I think it must be the wet weather we've had or its the poultry manure DH has been feeding it LOL

12 comments:

Karen said...

what a lovely rose.
DH's have a habit of making smart alec comments, a swift clip round the ear often makes you feel better ;o#0

Shellie said...

Its an octopuss lol

Lori-Ann said...

Gorgeous roses, Julie!

It's a cat for sure ;o)

Lynn said...

WOW that is some show from your rose, it's gorgeous!

Christina said...

Your roses are lovely. Glad your stitching is going to be fine. I guess I should be glad my DH has no interest in what I stitch.

Paula said...

Your Roses are gorgeous Julie...

SO your knitted toy has 4 arms???? No legs??? Sounds like an octopus to me too.... lol

Happy knitting and stitching...

Shari said...

very pretty Julie!!! I love seeing everyone's flowers. You and I are on the same 'page' today! Thanks for checking my blog & letting me know my pix are showing. Made my day!!!!

becca said...

Your Roses are awesome. Wish I could grow something like that.

Julianne said...

Julie,

The roses are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the picture. I'm glad that your project is ok and that you don't have to start over again.

Karan said...

Glad the stitching is OK. I've got a really heavy based frying pan you can borrow, if you like Julie - it's perfect for sorting out wise-cracking DH's. ;0) LOL
Superb show of roses there.

brokenfairy said...

Pretty flowers!!!
Poultry manure ? do you have chickens or is it something you can buy by the bag!
Is your toy an octopus ??

Mylene said...

Your Roses are soooo beautiful, Julie.